As a victim of cyberbullying herself, and having to learn, at a very young age, the uphill battle of the system, the limited resources available at a police-level to address the issue and how the same applications that teens use, make popular and generate revenue for big developers are the first to protect those who misuse them, she has gone public to denounce this growing epidemic.
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once.
- 70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online.
- Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
- 68% of teens agree that cyberbullying is a serious problem.
- 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.